Monday, April 2, 2018

                           Next Month's theme for the CARS (Chicago Area Rubber Stampers) meeting is Birds, Bees or Butterflies.
                           I chose Birds....and picked this bird from a wonderful My Favorite Things stamp set.  He was stamped onto the ivory card mat and then stamped again on polka dot ivory paper. The sentiment "I can't believe your birthday flew by" was stamped along side the bird.
                           The edges of the bird on the card front and the entire bird on the dotted paper were colored with Copic Markers (Some were colored with red and orange....and some were colored with blue, purple and green). The Copic Marker colored bird on the dotted paper was cut out and adhered to the card front over the stamped bird. The birdie got a googlie eye and a black strip of paper as a grounding strip. The finished unit was adhered to a black mat and then an ivory dotted mat and then adhered to the card itself.
                            To finish the card...I used a Glaze Pen to go over the black ink sentiment so that it would stand out more.  I think he's so cute that whoever you send him to won't be too upset that you've forgotten their birthday!

No comments:

My Dad Is A Lacrosse Coach - 25 Layouts in 2021

  I love navy paper...with almost any color. In this layout I chose bright yellow, red and assorted patterned paper and white & navy let...